TD Rule #7 FAQs
Rule 7 reads...
Tour Divide is a web-administered, do-it-yourself challenge based on the purest of wagers: the gentlemen's bet or agreement. Nothing to win or lose but honor.
Divide racing may be challenged at any time, however, TD emphasis is on a 2nd Friday in June (southbound) 'grand départ'. For this common start:
- There is no Banff pre-race meeting
- There are no checkpoints or officials on course
- Racers alone are responsible for their safety
- Racers alone must police their conduct
- There is no mechanism to communicate to racers on course
- Racers alone are responsible for communicating with their loved ones
- Updates to the blog from racer call-ins are time-delayed and not a safety device
- GPS tracking is also not a safety device. It is for info-only, and validation of course compliance
Again, Tour Divide simply provides a web-based framework to present racer progress. This is where TD responsibility ends.
FAQs: If you have a question re. Rule 7 not answered below, post it using the comment form.